I decided to check out my old photos I did last year or earlier. At that time I was taking a lot of photos of things that I wanted to paint in future. I was thinking about botanical painting then, but I didn't even dare to try it. So now I looked at my photos and I choose a garlic flowers. Well, I know there are a lot of different kinds of garlic flowers and I have no idea how it's called in english, but at least I know it's a garlic, because when I picked it up (it was growing near a road) I could smell a garlic from one meter.
I took tens of photos of it, at different stages of blooming (I hope it's correct). I choose 5 different photos, where the flower is completely closed, and then it's opening more and more and finally it's fully open. As usual I had a problem with composition, but as it's just an exercise I thought it's not really so important. At first I wanted to place the elements from left to right to show how the flower is opening, but finally I placed the last stage in the center, and all the other stages are on the left and right sides.
Because autumn (or fall) is really close here in Poland, the days are shorter and it's starting to be dark quite fast. I like autumn, but I don;t like when it's starting to be dark so quickly, because I like to paint with a daylight. And in this case I have only couple of hours (if I have a free day!) to paint. I have a daylight lamp, I sometimes use it, but sunlight is sunglight :D
OK, so here is what I've done today:
So I started this painting very slowly and I fell there are more surprises waiting for me...