In this photo you can see my previous sweet pea and the actual living plant. You can see that the painting has similar colors like the plant on the left side. Unfortunately the colors are false, my camera changed it. The plant has actually more red-brownish back petals and I chose this one to my next exercise.
So here I made a pencil sketch of the flower just next to the previous one.
On the plate I mixed some colors already.
I added more layers on the front petals. Before this stage I had "oh no" moment, because I couldn't find the right color. Besides today is very hot here and my paints were drying very fast, which was really annoying, because it was hard to paint wet-in-wet, and I constantly got hard edges.
And here it is. Another Sweet Pea.