You can find me here:
WhatsApp: +48 607535373
Hi! My name is Krzysztof Kowalski (you can call me Chris). I’m a self-taught watercolorist based in Poznan, Poland. My educational background is not connected with art. I graduated in Social Readaptation and Indonesian-Malaysian Philology from Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan. My curious disposition makes me love to discover new things and when I came across watercolors, it was something that quickly became my great passion.
I have been paiting and drawing since childhood, but before I discovered watercolors in 2012, I had painted with oils, I drew with pastels (not much) and with graphite pencils (even less). I specialize in painting flowers in a realistic style. I am amazed by the diversity and richness of their shapes and colors, but I don’t shun other themes too. Nature is the main source of my inspiration.
I think that nowadays we surround ourselves with walls, we live in concrete cities forgetting about our connection with nature. Through my paintings I want others to spend a moment on contemplating the beauty of nature.
I love to share my experience with others, that’s why I’ve been doing this for many years in the online world. Eventually, I decided to launch my Online Watercolor School, gather all the information in one place and help others to understand the medium.
I hope that my art will inspire you to reach for watercolors. It is said that watercolors is a very difficult medium, but I believe that one can learn everything step by step. You just have to try!
- 2020, April – My painting “Dripping Fragrance” has been shortlisted for the Jackson’s Painting Prize 2020 (CLICK).
- 2019, July – Finalist in an Online Art Competition “Nature” organized by Art Room Gallery.
- 2019, July – My painting “Let Me Brighten Your Day” won a Special Merit Award in “Primary Colors” Online Art Competition (CLICK).
- 2019, July – My painting “The Breath of Spring” won an Honorable Mention Award in “Primary Colors” Online Art Competition (CLICK).
- 2019, March – In the 29th issue of “Artysta i Sztuka” (Artist and Art) magazine an interview with me and an article about my art was published. My painting “Rhythm of Nature” is on the cover.
- 2019, February – I became an associate member of International Watercolor Society (IWS).
- 2019, January – I launched my Online Watercolor School.
- 2018, September – I graduated in Indonesian-Malaysian Philology from Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan (second Master’s Degree).
- 2018, June – My painting “Spiky Beauty” won ‘Honorable Mention’ Award in Global Association of Watercolor Artists International Watercolor Online Contest.
- 2017, March – My painting “Rhythm of Nature” won Best in Show award in watercolor category in an online contest at DeviantArt.com.
- 2016, December – I completed NHI101x: Drawing Nature, Science and Culture: Natural History Illustration 101 course offered by NewcastleX, an online learning initiative of The University of Newcastle, Australia through edX.
- 2016, May – My botanical paintings referring to Maria Sibylla Merian’s artwork were exhibited during the Museums at Night 2016 in the Gdansk Library, an auxiliary scientific unit of the Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences in Gdańsk.
- 2014, September – I graduated in Social Rehabilitation from Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan (first Master’s Degree).
- 2013, August – I received a Certificate of Appreciation for an active presence, for the high level of knowledge in the subject of artistic painting, including active contribution to the development of watercolor painting from the administration of Tessart Forum, where I actively promoted watercolor painting.
- 2012, June – I started painting with watercolors.
- 1985, June – I was born in Kętrzyn, Poland.
Learn how to choose colors and set up a watercolor palette that works for you. Simply fill the form to sign up to my newsletter and receive the e-book with 26 beautifully designed pages filled with helpful tips.
What’s in this e-book?
- What is worth taking into consideration when choosing watercolor paints
- Most important paint attributes and why it’s important to know them
- Stages of choosing colors and setting up a watercolor palette
- How to select colors that will best suit your own style and needs
- How to set up and arrange your colors in a palette
- Answers to frequently asked questions and helpful tips